Charged items?

Resin

Charged items?

Post by Resin » 2010-02-24 18:45

Forgive me if this info is posted somewhere I haven't found yet

Will you be able to magically charge different items (weapons, armor, consumables)?

I think it would be great if different items could hold different amounts of magical charge.
They could differ in the amount of charge, and how long before the effect wears off and needs to be re-charged (I think this should happen regardless of wether or not the item is in use but perhaps happen much faster when it is in use) and perhaps even hold different amounts for each of the different elements of magic.

DerSaidin
Site Admin

Re: Charged items?

Post by DerSaidin » 2010-02-24 21:10

The game is purely an FPS, it is not an MMO. Theres no "items" as such. Some spells have similar effects to powerups/items in other games.

Resin

Post by Resin » 2010-02-25 17:10

Ok, I've played way more RPGs and MMOs than FPSs so sorry if what I ask seems obvious.
You mentioned no classes right? But you did like the idea of different types of Melee weapons?
Would your appearance (armor, melee weapon) just be something you select at the first screen? Would your appearance have any affect on gameplay? Are all players equally adept at all types of magic? Or would there be some customisation that was not class based at the beginning?

DerSaidin
Site Admin

Post by DerSaidin » 2010-02-25 20:48

Players are equally adept at all kinds of spells, the human player will probably favour a few spells.

Player customization was discussed here.