Game Type?

Vertica

Game Type?

Post by Vertica » 2009-11-15 23:30

What game type are you guys planning on using? are there going to me multiple ones like CTF, surivor etc or are the maps going to be objective based like ET, cause that would be pretty awesome.

DerSaidin
Site Admin

Re: Game Type?

Post by DerSaidin » 2009-11-16 15:42

Yes, Objective, and Stopwatch Objective will be the main focus.

The gamecode will already support DM and TDM, so we might keep them around.
Much later on it may be possible to adapt maps for these, using map scripting to open doors and remove walls if needed.

Vertica

Post by Vertica » 2009-11-17 02:30

so does that mean there is going to be a build spell? what type of objectives did you have in mind?

EDIT: disregard, just read the overview lol.

DerSaidin
Site Admin

Post by DerSaidin » 2009-11-17 09:36

Lol indeed.

I'm not sure if the overview covers the mechanic in that much detail, at the moment I'm thinking of having a use key so you go up to a build and hold use on it until the build bar fills up. Makes it so any noob can easily do objectives strait away. And maybe alternatively a spell that does it at 125% build speed for advanced players, at the cost of having to expend some available power, so you couldn't have spells ready to shoot at the same time.

stealth

Post by stealth » 2010-02-13 19:07

I think you should drop the building idea altogether, make the gameplay more dynamic.
By this I mean that if a wall is in your way you can either - use a wind spell and launch yourself up and over.

Or if a gate is blocking you team up with a second wizard - witch and create a bigger fireball, or blast fire at the door, and the enemy can slow down the process by firing water / ice at the door. (from the other side ( or same side ??))

Or if you need a ramp: requires 2 people 1 to shoot a beam of water and another to freeze it in the air :lol: that would be sweet!
Then you can walk up the beam and it dissolves after 10-20 seconds (evaporates or whatever)

Also is the game going for a class base, since this would boost teamplay or is everybody the same basically?

DerSaidin
Site Admin

Post by DerSaidin » 2010-02-13 23:33

Everyone is the same. Everyone is capable of casting all of the spells (except some spells need several players to link together to have enough power available).

There is a spell which allows you to grab another player, and lift them onto stuff or across gaps. Current maps are designed to allow this in some places, but not everywhere.

stealth

Post by stealth » 2010-02-14 14:55

I think you are making a mistake by not doing classes, since the gametype is objective based.
if it were tdm or dm or something just pure frag then ok, but now it's going to be missing out.
but I'm not suggesting classes like engi medic bla bla, more like 4 categories fire - earth - water - air for instance, this already will boost teamplay.
Giving everybody same spells is just anti-teamplay imo :P who needs a team when you can do everything yourself.

DerSaidin
Site Admin

Post by DerSaidin » 2010-02-14 20:56

As I've said in other threads, classes work in traditional FPS. With all the spells in weaver, classes would be limiting.

Theres many reasons which force teamwork: you cant heal yourself, theres other powerups you can't cast on yourself (team only), theres spells you need to link to team members to cast, you still need to work together to complete objectives.

With so many spells theres a million ways people can work together